By creating a surface barrier on the skin much like the one clownfish employ to avoid anemone stings, Safe Sea® offers protection against the stings of such jellyfish as the Atlantic Box jellyfish and Rhopilema, Sea Nettle, Fire Coral, and other stinging aquatic organisms. The second line of defense is provided by the formula’s ability to greatly reduce stinging cells’ ability to fire.
Also offers protection from Seabathers Eruption, commonly blamed on “sea lice” but actually caused by the stings of hundreds to thousands of tiny, immature, nearly invisible jellyfish.
Safe Sea® lotion is available in 3 varieties, all of which are hypoallergenic, highly water resistant for up to 80 minutes in the water, and have no unpleasant odor.
The original Safe Sea® lotion formula is ideal for divers as it contains no sunscreen.
The SPF formula is ideal for those who want protection from both jellyfish stings and harmful UVA/UVB rays, and contains vitamins E and B for the skin. Available in SPF 15, 40 and 50. SPF 50 Kids is a special formula of the same lotion for children and adults with sensitive skin.
Finally, the new manual pump spray bottle is available in SPF 40.
Each 4 oz. bottle gives roughly four adult full-body applications. Re-apply every two hours for maximum protection. For best results, please use Safe Sea® lotion within 3 years of purchase.
- The only product that combines a jellyfish sting inhibitor with sunblock – sting inhibitor formula also available without sunblock, for divers
- The scientifically proven formula, validated by medical and lab tests around the world and recommended in National Geographic Adventure magazine
- Dermatologically tested to be hypoallergenic
- Highly water resistant, lasts up to 80 minutes in the water
- Biodegradable and harmless to aquatic life